Wednesday, December 20, 2006

December 20 - Where Are They Now? Year-End Review

This week’s WHERE ARE THEY NOW? WEDNESDAY (WATN) is an update about previous postings in 2006.

I first provided updates on three previous blogs about Jennifer Wilbanks, Katie Couric, and Star Jones on October 11.

Now, as my last WATN blog of 2006, I’ll provide an update on other blog subjects.

March 29 – Illegal Aliens – Surprisingly, Congress, the opposite of Progress, has done nothing on Immigration Reform. Thanks, or should I say Gracious.

April 5 – Katie Couric – Katie is now consistently third in the nightly news ratings, as I predicted on September 5. She even finished seventh in the Los Angeles market, behind Seinfeld, Friends, and Knight Rider.

April 18 – George Michael – George has been arrested two more times since I profiled him. If he would only be more offensive or racist like Mel Gibson or Michael Richards and less gay like Lance Bass or Clay Akins, he might get more press and be worthy of a come back.

May 2 - Five People I’ll Meet in Hell – Star Jones – Star was fired from “The View” in July. I also featured her on a WATN on June 28. To date, she has not been heard from again.

May 9 – O.J Simpson - We almost made it through the year without an OJ sighting. However, this lower than scum parasite tried to cash in on his murderous action.

June 2 – John Kerry – Kerry decided to be in the spotlight even though he wasn’t running, as I updated on November 1. Kerry offended everyone with his election eve joke about military intelligence. Please run in 2008, please.

June 8 – Jason Larue – The Reds finally read my blog and decided to trade this loser. Unfortunately, it was 3 seasons, 38 passed balls, 320 strikeouts, and $10 million too late.

July 3 – Vince Vaughn- Jennifer Anniston – Pulling a page from the “I can’t believe they didn’t stay together” file, these two perennial role models broke up. Huh, if these two can’t make it, is there hope for any of us?

July 17 – Pope Benedict – He did more than I could ever hope to accomplish. He offended over a billion people as I updated on September 15. I guess he isn’t infallible after all. How do you say “My Bad” in Latin?

July 31 – Pet Peeve – Children on Phones - I’m still getting calls from children, STOP IT.

August 4 – OSU is #1 – OSU started as #1 and through 12 games is still # 1. GO BUCKS.

August 19 - John Mark Carr – He was let go after it was determined he had lied about his involvement in the Jon Benet Ramsey murder case. The things that people will do to get an upgrade to First Class when flying. Sick.

August 28 - Award Show Gift Bags - The Oscars has decided in December 2006 to no longer provide $100K gift bags to presenters because of IRS issues.

August 29 – Hurricanes - The National Weather Service predicted 2006 would be a record-breaking year for named Hurricanes. Turns out, Al Gore and all were wrong. Zero hurricanes hit the US in 2006. I guess the wind in their sails was just a bunch of hot air.

October 2- The Therapy Excuse - I commented about people going into therapy after being caught being bad. Since my blog, Michael Richards and Miss USA also took that route. I wish that excuse was available when I got a “D” on a biology exam in 1978.

November 6 – Vote FOR Issue 5 - I encouraged all to vote for Issue 5 and it passed overwhelmingly. The problem was that people decide to break the law anyway as I detailed on my December 11 blog.

Here is an index of my Where Are They Now? Wednesday? Blogs.

3 Comments:

At December 22, 2006 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude - no one gets a D in biology.

 
At December 22, 2006 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice call on some stuff - where is the rest of your 5 people you meet in hell?

 
At December 28, 2006 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in KC and we don't want Jason Larue either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home