Thursday, December 07, 2006

December 7 - USA Today Letter

To quote the great, youth role model, Britney Spears, “Oops, I did it again.”

No, I didn’t go commando when I went shopping today. But, I did have another letter published by USA Today. Someone that had read my November 27 Pet Peeve suggested that I send a “Letter to the Editor.”

My blog that day was about NBC News making news themselves by deciding to declare that the Iraqi War was now a “Civil War.” Forget the facts, that by definition, it doesn’t qualify as a civil war.

USA Today did use “editorial license” to delete some parts of my rant. However, the sentiment is there.

My argument was only re-enforced by the release of the Iraqi Study Group report yesterday. Nowhere within their 84-page report does it call the conflict a Civil War.

Here is a scan of my USA TODAY letter.

3 Comments:

At December 07, 2006 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you and Katie Couric have a bad break-up?

 
At December 09, 2006 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude - they should pay you for your thoughts.

 
At December 10, 2006 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice call - it's not a civil war.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home