Tuesday, December 05, 2006

December 5 - Happy Anniversary

Today marks my 14th wedding anniversary to Heidi. According to the official gift guide, 14 years should be celebrated with “Ivory.” That’s a relief, because having just returned from Africa; those elephant tusks should come in handy. It’s a good thing it wasn’t something hard to get like Polonium 210. Seriously, who came up with these standards?

I’m sure they have something Ivory-based at the local Hallmark store. If not, I know the perfect gift is in the soap isle of Kroger’s. At least I’m 99 and 44/100 % sure, it’s there.

As I reflect back on this day 14 years ago, I’m reminded that Heidi once told me three things after we met.
  1. She was never getting married. (She didn’t specify to me, it was a general comment.)

  2. She would never move out of California and definitely not to Ohio. (Today's high temperature is 28.)

  3. She did not want to have any children. (Again, she didn’t specify with me, it was a general comment.)
She was zero for three to the third power on her predictions. Thank goodness she’s not a professional prognosticator. She must think Nostradamus is a nasal passage infection.

Below is a picture of Heidi and her three kids somewhere near their Ohio home. She actually was interviewed about having three kids, earlier this year.


When I asked Heidi about what was the secret to the longevity of our relationship when so many others fail. She replied, “Low Expectations.”

In all seriousness, she has been a great partner, wife, and mother.

Someone once asked me what it was like to be married to the perfect spouse. I replied, “I don’t know, ask my wife.”

Here we are at our outdoor Sacramento wedding, December 5, 1992.

2 Comments:

At December 06, 2006 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the webpage but can you change my music

 
At December 09, 2006 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home