Tuesday, April 18, 2006

April 18 - Wake Me Up - Before You Go Go


OK - I’m the first one to admit when I’m wrong. When Wham broke up in 1986, I thought for sure the Andrew Ridgley would be the one that would end up on the E True Hollywood Story. But no, it’s George Michael.

I can now admit, after 18 years that I paid to see George Michael in concert. It was in 1988 at the LA Forum. The audience was made up of thousands of Madonna look a likes, all under 21. The upside is that there was never a line for beers or the men's restroom. Only later did I realize how big of a risk it was to use the facilities when George was in the vicinity.

George was the subject of a high-profile arrest in 1998 when he was detained by an undercover police officer for lewd conduct in a public toilet in Los Angeles.

In February of this year, George was cautioned for possession of cannabis after being found slumped at the wheel (Wake me up before ....) of his parked car near Hyde Park (England not Cincinnati).

The 42-year-old singer now faces questioning by police for the second time in less than two months. The former Wham! star is being investigated by police after he allegedly smashed into three parked cars near his home in Highgate, North London, on Sunday morning.

Andrew Ridgley was always the boring one in Wham, the one no one wanted and the one that disappeared into obscurity. George Michael has told the world he doesn't find him attractive either. Speaking to the press, the gay singer said that sex with his ex-band mate would be 'vile'. He went on to explain, "I've known him since he was eleven and he's one of my best friends but luckily I've never fancied him."

I believe Andrew didn't mind too much - being straight and all. He is probably sitting on his royalty riches, laughing, and enjoying his obscurity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home