Thursday, April 06, 2006

April 5 - Katie DON'T Bar the Door


Katie Couric is leaving the Today Show. Thank goodness. Her non-stop self-promotion and immersion of herself into the news will not be missed. How many times has she tried to sing, dance, play volleyball, etc. with Today Show guests?

It’s very appropriate that she follow the liberal poster child, Dan Rather, at CBS. She was able to flaunt her politics unchecked for many years at NBC. At least now she will be in a small half-hour box, READING the news and not trying to make it. Additionally it will be to a much smaller audience.

I loved Andy Rooney’s quote. "I’m not enthusiastic about it. I think everybody likes Katie Couric, I mean how can you not like Katie Couric. But, I don’t know anybody at CBS News who is pleased that she’s coming here." As a lifelong NBC watcher, I am pleased.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home