Monday, May 01, 2006

May 2 - The Five People I Meet in Hell (#4)

It’s time for the next installment of THE FIVE PEOPLE I MEET IN HELL (See April 26 Blog.). http://jaysjabberwocky.blogspot.com/2006/04/april-26-5-people-i-meet-in-hell-5.html

To recap, Mitch Albom wrote a book a few years ago, The Five People I Meet in Heaven. Now, it’s my turn to use my poetic license, (yes I have one printed up), to alter his altruistic prose to illustrate my feelings and thoughts.

# 5 was Oprah Winfrey, at # 4 is ….STAR JONES.

People know her from The View”, but wonder where did she come from? She first came into our homes as a Court TV reporter covering the William Kennedy Smith trial. Somehow she parleyed that and a few thousand doughnuts into her current position. She's a perfect example of someone with no talent whatsoever becoming famous purely because she exists on television.

But it’s not her weight that bothers me.


  • It’s her politics and how she plays the race card every chance she gets.

  • It’s her staging of her boyfriend ("gayfriend"), Al Reynolds, popping the question at a LA Laker game, as she acted stunned, surprised, and hungry.

  • It’s her whoring all corporations and sponsors to donate goods and services to her wedding and honeymoon.

There is actually a “Star Jones Drinking Game” that has been distributed on the web. The rules are that you drink whenever -

- Star says the word 'Bling.'

- Whenever Star refers to a celebrity as belonging to her, as in, "Here comes my girl, Nicole Kidman." or "Please welcome, my man, Jamie Foxx."

- Whenever Star mentions the husband, you should have to go in the closet and drink.

The only reason she is #4 on my list and not higher is that “The View” just announced that Meredith Vieira ‘s (whom I do like) replacement will be Rosie O’Donnell.

Now there will be catfight between Star and Rosie over the Krispy Kremes. They should put that on Pay Per View.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home