Tuesday, May 09, 2006

May 9 - Hawaii 1991

Throughout my travels I’ve had the opportunity to cross paths with many interesting characters. From time to time I will share these stories.

In 1991, I attended a Sales Award trip to Hawaii. I was staying at the Hyatt Regency Waikoloa. While watching sports at an outdoor tiki bar one Sunday morning, a young boy came up, climbed up on the high- backed stool and sat down next to me. He couldn’t have been more than four years old, but he knew a lot about sports. As he tried to leave and step off of the stool, he started to fall and I caught him. At the same time his dad saw the entire incident and ran over to thank me and bought me a morning cocktail. His dad was OJ Simpson.

Below are his autograph and a copy of O.J.’s 1972 football card. What is interesting is that I don’t collect football cards or autographs. I found them in an old box as I was spring-cleaning. I wonder what O.J. finds when he does his cleaning?


1 Comments:

At May 18, 2006 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home