Wednesday, June 14, 2006

June 13 - The Next Ben Franklin?

It’s about time people started to take notice of my great ideas. It’s analogous to the recent findings of the Gospel according to Judas. It provides a fresh, somewhat contrary view of events. I’m referring, of course, to the Cincinnati Enquirer printing my Letter To The Editor response to Jason Larue’s comments about not being the starting catcher. You can see my June 8, 2006 Blog for my full opinion on the matter.



It may seem trite to focus on a letter about the silly game of baseball, but if you recall your American History, Benjamin Franklin got started the same way. Interestingly, many of his early letters and op-ed pieces were written under a pseudonym.

After serving an apprenticeship to his father between the ages of 10 and 12, Benjamin went to work for his half-brother James, a printer. In 1721, James founded the New England Courant, the fourth newspaper in the colonies. Benjamin secretly contributed 14 essays to it, his first published writings.

I figure if I comment on baseball today, illegal immigration next week, Iraqi war the following week, nuclear proliferation….

It’s only a matter of time until I get the call to be a regular (paid) contributor, ala Ben Franklin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home