Thursday, May 08, 2008

May 7, 2008 - WATN - Home School Critics

This week’s WHERE ARE THEY NOW? WEDNESDAY (WATN) concerns Home Schooling Critics.

Yesterday, I took my first grader out of regular school for a Home Schooling Field Trip.

We decide to forgo the museums, zoos, and art exhibits. We decided to take in a baseball game.

My son learned that BIGOTRY, in any form, is bad. He knows how to get along with others regardless of race, ethnicity, age, gender, or baseball affiliation.


He learned about HEARING SAFETY. Every time the Cincinnati Reds hit a Home Run they let off fire works in the stadium. The Reds hit SEVEN HOME RUNS.


He learned about ECONOMICS as I explained that picking Joey Votto in a fantasy league was a GREAT move as the rookie hit three homers.


So for all of you HOME SCHOOL CRITICS, WHERE ARE YOU NOW?

Teach your child something outside of the normal school curriculum today.

If my son was older, I could have explained to him the tragedy of not being able to take advantage of being in an all-inclusive dining and drinking area. I’m saving the designated driver class until he is at least 12.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 08, 2008 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you adopt me?

 
At May 11, 2008 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice seats did you use your Stimulus check to get those, oh wait you don't get one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home