Thursday, May 22, 2008

May 19, 2008 - PPM - Cell Phone Mis-Use

This week’s PET PEEVE MONDAY (PPM) concerns CELL PHONE ETIQUETTE.

I have previously blogged about the misuse of cell phone in restaurants and in grocery stores.

It has now morphed and raised its ugly small antenna-ed head into exercise clubs. I work out 3 days a week at the local club. I bring my head phones and either listen to my IPOD or watch Fox News or CNBC. OK, I sometimes watch Ellen, as I work out.

Unfortunately there has been a trend among the members to bring their cell phones to the club. They think that the 15 minutes that the use the elliptical or treadmill is a fine time to connect with all of those in their “Fave Five”.

They obviously miss the point that if they were TRULY working out, their oxygen intake and heart pulse would prevent them from holding a meaningful conversation. BTW, the conversations are meaningless. I can’t help but hear their conversation, as they have to shout over the sounds of the exercise machines.

It only adds to my PEEVE as these violators of cell phone etiquette talk TOO LOUD.

Why do I need to know what their child expended from an orifice that morning? Why is it important to know that their neighbor is just like Edie and they are sort-of-like Bree on Desperate Housewives. My tort response is that if you are like Bree, it must be the BEFORE picture and that you really need to FOCUS on that exercise machine and GET OFF THE PHONE.

They have even come up with a new CELL PHONE HOLDER (at right).

People, stop talking on your cell phones.

I do not like them on the PLANE.
I do not like them on the TRAIN.

I do not like them at the EXERCISE CLUB.
I do not like them at the LOCAL PUB.

Not in your CAR, not in a BAR.
Not in a STORE, you are a BORE.

I do not like public cell phone use.

I do not like them.

Jay I am.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At May 22, 2008 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to take your sarcasm pill didn't you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home