Friday, August 17, 2007

August 15 - Where Are They Now? Wednesday - Elvis

Thursday marks the 30-year anniversary of Elvis Presley’s death. There are some that still consider this the ANNIVERSARY of Elvis’ DISAPPEARANCE. They think that Elvis has only TEMPORARILY left the building and IS STILL ALIVE.

Given this, Elvis is the obvious subject of this week’s WHERE ARE THEY NOW? WEDNESDAY (WATN).

If Elvis was still alive today, he would be 72 years old and would have severe heart disease.

I’ve been a large Elvis fan for years.

I almost named my first child, Elvis, but I was thankfully over-ruled by people that had received more sleep that day.

I’ve toured Graceland twice. I was asked to leave during the second visit when my probing questions about Graceland’s continued depiction of Elvis “natural death” at age 42, ruffled a few feathers.

I performed an Elvis karaoke version of Suspicious Minds to my bride at our 1992 wedding. OK – my choice of songs could have been better. However, Suspicious Minds, recorded in 1969, was Elvis’ 18th and last #1 hit (1969).

I dressed as Elvis at a 1994 Halloween Party (above, left).

I received a life size Elvis cutout from one of my sister’s suitors at Christmas in 1998 (at right).

So where is Elvis?

I believe he is dead. So my answer is somewhere in Memphis, give or take six feet (under).

Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 17, 2007 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably buried in his blue suede shoes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home