Sunday, February 25, 2007

February 25 - And the Award for Boring goes to ....

Here are my Academy Award projections:

Best Picture: "Babel," "The Departed," "Letters From Iwo Jima," "Little Miss Sunshine," "The Queen."

I only saw “Little Miss Sunshine.” I loved it. It is my winner.

Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio, "Blood Diamond"; Ryan Gosling, "Half Nelson"; Peter O'Toole, "Venus"; Will Smith, "The Pursuit of Happyness"; Forest Whitaker, "The Last King of Scotland."

I didn’t see any of these movies. I choose Forest Whitacker. The Academy always wants to have a diversity winner to keep their political correctness charter.

Actress: Penelope Cruz, "Volver"; Judi Dench, "Notes on a Scandal"; Helen Mirren,"The Queen"; Meryl Streep, "The Devil Wears Prada"; Kate Winslet, "Little Children."

Helen Mirren – when in doubt, go with the a Brit.

Supporting Actor: Alan Arkin, "Little Miss Sunshine"; Jackie Earle Haley, "Little Children"; Djimon Hounsou, "Blood Diamond"; Eddie Murphy, "Dreamgirls"; Mark Wahlberg, "The Departed."

I predict it will be Alan Arkin. He is the only one I saw. Besides, I think Eddie Murphy did his best work as Gumby.

Supporting Actress: Adriana Barraza, "Babel"; Cate Blanchett, "Notes on a Scandal"; Abigail Breslin, "Little Miss Sunshine"; Jennifer Hudson, "Dreamgirls"; Rinko Kikuchi, "Babel."

I would have thought Hillary Clinton should have been nominated for her continuing portrayal of a woman in love with her man. I can’t remember the last time I saw them together. However, I give it to Jennifer Hudson. Hollyweird loves a story like hers.

Finally, I predict Al Gore will win something, much the same way the Dixie Chicks took home trophies at the Grammies. It’s not about his individual performance, it’s about his political leanings. Maybe he can lay a wet one on his wife again and make the show just a little bit longer.

I know that is what we all want, a longer Academy Awards show.

1 Comments:

At February 26, 2007 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to call the winners. Who do you like in the NCAAs?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home