Tuesday, May 09, 2006

May 10 - Where are They Now?

In keeping with some regular themed days like Pet Peeve Monday and Friday Funny, I would like to introduce the first installment of “Where Are They Now? Wednesday.”

I spend a lot of time, scratching my head and saying, “what ever happened to so and so?”

It may be someone that was famous or someone in my personal past. If you would like to submit a candidate, let me know. The web is a powerful tool. Think of this weekly column as an amalgamation of Unsolved Mysteries, America’s Most Wanted, and the old This is Your Life TV shows.

As for those that were famous, I will do my best to deliver the answer. If I don’t know or if you have additional information, I will provide updates through my blog. I believe that the web can prove the Six Degrees of Separation theory.

In 1967, sociologist Stanley Milgram created what is known as the "small world phenomenon," the idea that every person in the United States is connected by a chain of six people at most.
Milgram's "six degrees of separation" theory has trickled down through popular culture, inspiring renditions such as the Kevin Bacon game.

I can’t solve world hunger, but I can try to reduce the six degrees down to four and possibly solve the question, What ever happened to so and so?

The first installment of Where are They Now? Wednesday is below.

This week’s Where are They Now? Wednesday centers on a picture. I recently began to digitize some pictures from my past and ran across this gem from the late 80’s. I’m not sure if this was a fan from one of my karaoke performances, a competitor I trounced at a Euchre Tournament, or someone that was once engaged to one of my sisters.
Please help me solved the mystery of what happened to Brian (yes, he's on the left).

2 Comments:

At May 10, 2006 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He kind of looks like a terrorist.

 
At May 13, 2006 8:25 PM, Blogger Spider Girl said...

According to Milgram's theory, those guys are probably distant relatives of mine.

I once made a post (last July I think) about Milgram's theory and in it I used an example of how I was distantly connected to French singer Maurice Chevalier by being related to his valet by marriage. I have discovered two distant relatives through that post.

Yep, small world. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home