Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Dec. 30, 2009 - Derby Dead Pool Reminder

This is a friendly reminder that you only have one day to complete your 2010 Derby Dead Pool entry.

The Derby Dead Pool is where you list 20 people that you think will die during the calendar year. The winner last year correctly predicted 12 of his 20 celebrity deaths. You get points based on how they die and how old they were at the time of their death

You get disqualified if you have anything to do with their death.

This year I scored points with: Ted Kennedy, Oral Roberts, Patrick Swayze, Farrah Fawcett and my real sleeper, Michael Jackson.

For the record, I’m not sadistic. I wish no ill will on most of my entries. However I’m putting Bernie Madoff on my 2010 list.

I’ve always been a fan of actuarial tables and the abnormal distribution of celebrity deaths indicated that most fall outside of 2 standard deviations from the mean (using a Z distribution of course.)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 30, 2009 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about OJ Simpson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home