Monday, December 21, 2009

Dec. 21, 2009 - PPM - What Can Brown Do for You?

This week’s PET PEEVE MONDAY (PPM) always bugs me during the Holiday season. My PEEVE is that PACKAGE DELIVERY COMPANIES THINK THEY OWN THE ROAD.

I can’t find anywhere on the web where it says UPS, Fed-Ex, or DHL can stop traffic to deliver their goods.

They pull up to a house, but not into the driveway. They stop in the middle of the road. The driver hops out and takes their package to the door. Some times they ring the doorbell and wait for a response. Sometimes they ring the bell and run like an adolescent that has just left a fiery poop package on the doorsteps. (Just a theory, never really saw thathappen firsthand.)

Either way, they have stopped traffic for their own commercial means. Whenever I drop my kids off for a play date, I pull all the way into the driveway. Maybe I should just stop in the middle of the road, put on my flashers, take my kid to the porch, ring the doorbell and run. I know sometimes that would be better than having to make idle chit chat about how little Johnny is doing.

The second byproduct of the rudeness of the Ground Delivery Companies is that by stopping in the street they are creating possible traffic accidents. Because of the size of their trucks, you can’t see around them as you attempt to pass the illegally double-parked vehicle.

The next time I hear the commercial, “What can Brown Do For You?”

I’ve got an answer. What can Brown do for me? “How about getting the hell out of my way and stop breaking the law!!!”

Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 21, 2009 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Relax, my friend. There is still hope, for tonight you will be visited by three ghosts....

Jim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home