Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June 29, 2009 - PPM - Michael Jackson Media Coverage

This week’s PET PEEVE MONDAY (PPM) is about the ridiculous 7*24 coverage of the Michael Jackson death.

He was a singer, a good one, and that was it. He didn’t cure the sick, solve world hunger, or save a plane from crashing.

Last Friday, Michael Jackson were the top 4 stories on Yahoo.com. #5 was that North Korea threatened nuclear retaliation.

On the NBC Nightly News, the first 16 minutes were devoted to Jackson. All of the news channels were quoting TMZ as a source.

Fox News was actually interviewing the National Enquirer’s Entertainment Editor. It seems the editor had predicted that Michael Jackson would die within 6 months last February. The 110-year-old woman that gave birth to Alien twins that were covered in that same National Enquirer issue was unavailable for comment.

Here is a sample of the National Enquirer journalism from February of this year. I believe that Patrick Swayze is still alive, although I cannot contest the other cover stories.


The White House also weighed in for the first time, with a spokesman saying President Barack Obama saw Jackson as a spectacular performer and music icon. The House of Representatives observed a moment of silence.

The White House some how couldn’t find their voice about the rigged elections in Iran, but was right on top of the Jackson death.

Let’s get some Perspective – folks!!!

BTW – I also predicted Mr. Jackson’s demise last December, well ahead of the National Enquirer.

I feel bad for Farrah Fawcett. She is getting no mention in the press.

I was once seated on a plane next to Lee Trevino. I remarked to Lee that I really hoped that the plane didn’t go down with him on board. Trevino thanked me and asked me how long I had been his fan. I responded that I really wasn’t a fan of golf or him. I explained that if the plane crashed that he would get all the headlines and I would also just be a passenger on “his” plane crash. Can anyone name the 4th passenger on the last plane ride of Buddy Holly?

What is really sick is the behavior of Joe Jackson, Michael’s Father. It is well documented of the physical and emotional abuse this “parent” levied on Michael.

The abuse continues even in Michael’s death. Joe Jackson is pimping his son’s funeral arraignments in order to maximize the return on his investment.

Michael Jackson’s death was not tragic, but was expected. I guess the media’s infatuation with his death will continue, as long as people will watch.

Thank goodness I have viewing options. I had the foresight to TIVO the Desperate Housewives of Orange County.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 06, 2009 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jacko was wacko for sure

 

Post a Comment

<< Home