Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June 22, 2009- PPM- Real Estate Business Cards

This week’s PET PEEVE MONDAY (PPM) is Real Estate salespeople’s business cards.

My PEEVE or question is why do they put their picture on their business card?

I make NO apologies for generalizations, but it’s been my experience with real estate agents is that:

Women – usually put a picture at least 10 years earlier. They usually have that 1980’s big hair look. Where a TV adds 10 pounds, business cards must subtract 10-20 pounds.

Men - if they have been in the Real Estate business for a long time, they have a comb over, a hair piece, or a picture that would also be a mug shot for a MSNBC’s “To Catch A Predator” show.

I’ve bought and sold many house over the years. I’ve never selected a Real Estate Agent based on their time-dated, air brushed photo. I’m looking for a competent salesperson, not a rent a date.

I have never bought a large ticket item based on the sales person’s appearance. I may have tipped a bit more at a local diner or pub, but who doesn’t appreciate good service? ;-)

When I was a workingman, I would hope that no sales were won based on my average or above average handsomeness.

BTW – if you need a house in Idaho, call Rock and Roll Realty.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At June 24, 2009 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Above average handsomeness?

 
At June 25, 2009 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Realtors are always a joke.

 
At April 16, 2013 11:02 PM, Anonymous business cards for real estate agents said...

Every company has its own business card which is well designed and name, positions and address are mentioned on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home