Saturday, November 15, 2008

November 14, 2008 - Friday Funny - Chinese to Go

This week’s FRIDAY FUNNY is the below note:


A similar thing happened to me while living in Northern California in 1992. I was working in San Francisco. One day I returned to the parking garage and found a dent and a nice note on my windshield. The only problem was that the note was in Chinese.

The big difference was I WAS LEGALLY PARKED IN ONE SPACE.

I went to everywhere to get the note translated: Chinese restaurants, Chinese laundries, Chinatown. All I was able to get deciphered was a phone number. I called the number, more Chinese that needed translated.

I finally gave up and put the note in my glove box. I was going to put it on another car should I every have a parking lot accident. It was going to be my way of playing California’s perverted “Pay It Forward” game. No luck, I was just too considerate and careful.

Any way, I can now laugh about it, in many languages, just not in Chinese.

Here is a picture of me and my car circa 1992.

I still have the licence plate (and shorts), but not the car.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 17, 2008 5:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have great memories driving that car in California. Thanks, Jay!

 
At November 17, 2008 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you still have the full length bleach white socks?

: )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home