Monday, November 03, 2008

November 3, 2008 - PPM - Who Stole My Sign?

This week’s PET PEEVE MONDAY (PPM) is again focused on the election. I’m EXTREMELY PEEVED that someone decided to STEAL the McCain sign I had placed in my front yard.

My McCain sign had been able to survive the long, hot, dog days of August. I had my sign up before McCain selected Sarah Palin on August 29 (see blog.)

Here is a picture of my daughter and THE sign on her first day of school.

My McCain sign had been able to survive the horrific 70 mph winds of September 14. These winds cancelled school for two days and knocked out power to some residents in the area for 7 days. Yet, my sign survived. Below is a picture of the tree limb damage and my resilient McCain sign.

Unfortunately, my McCain sign could NOT survive the little minds of a few Obama supporters. During the dark of night, they stole my sign, while also turning over a few Halloween decorations.

The next day we had a small dinner party. I engaged my guests to help me erect the below sign.

I was thinking about referencing the Second Amendment on my sign, but that would epitomize “The Audacity of BS.” I have previously stated my rejection of the current intention of the Founding Fathers in drafting the “Right to Bear Arms.”

Ironically, I severely slashed my thumb when installing the tiki torches that were to surround and protect my NEW sign.

While bleeding profusely from my lacerated appendage, I immediately remarked, “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Not one of my guests seemed to get the historical reference.

It is one of my favorite Thomas Jefferson quotes. It’s much better than the “I did not have relations with that woman, Sally Hemings.”

My original thought when I learned of the sign theft was that an ardent McCain supporter just wanted a McCain sign for their yard. My optimism was dashed when I learned other McCain signs in the neighborhood were also snatched.

My PEEVE is how sad of a statement is it that YOUR candidate cannot win the war of ideas, that YOU have to resolve to guerrilla tactics and take my property.

Were you just trying to illustrate the Obama policy of “Sign Redistribution?”

Does the Obama Supporter think that by stealing my sign, I’m going to get to the election booth on Tuesday and suddenly forget to whom I pledged my support?

Dah, no Double Dah!!!

You’ve done nothing but INSPIRE me to vote at least twice. That’s what Obama would want or more exactly, WWOD, What Would Obama Do?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At November 04, 2008 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job - unfortunately you may have to vote more than twice.

 
At November 04, 2008 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talk to Peter Frampton

 
At November 04, 2008 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to the numbers, you need to vote 150K more times.

We'll call it "JACORN!" I support you. Go forth and vote fraudulently.

I'm sick... going to puke my guts out and then move to Canada.

 
At November 05, 2008 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can have your sign back now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home