Saturday, October 18, 2008

October 15, 2008 - International Blog Action Day - Poverty

Today is International BLOG ACTION DAY to stop Poverty. I’m not sure what that means, but I guess I’m supposed to do my part to stop POVERTY.

Well, I could do my part by voting for Barack Obama. He will institute “WEALTH REDISTIBUTION”, thus making us all equal and eliminating poverty.

Unfortunately, I have problems will Barack’s plan. I firmly believe that if everyone started over with the same amount of money and same chance in life, that in five or ten years the stratification of the classes would appear again. The same people that are poor today would make up a large percentage of the poor tomorrow.

It’s a matter of education, drive, and discipline. A prime example was the mismanagement of the “TAX REBATE” or stimulus checks some people received earlier this year. Go back and read my blog about this issue and explain to me how I was wrong in my prediction. China was the only one that got a good deal out of this "Stimulus Package”. Now the Congressional leaders, Pelosi and Reid, want to provide ANOTHER welfare check.

Growing up, I was no stranger to poverty. I spent more time in trailer parks than Midwest tornados.

I didn’t survive poverty because of an international call to arms about the issue. I overcame it because of a strong support system from my family and an individual drive to succeed.

The time for personal responsibility is long overdue. Enough with the government bailouts, handouts, and political rhetoric, including CLASS WARFARE.

That is my BLOG about Poverty. I apologize if you wanted something with a more “bleeding heart” angle. Besides, does anyone really remember the words to “Kumbaya”?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 19, 2008 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone is better off when we spread the wealth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home