Friday, November 23, 2007

November 19 - Pet Peeve Monday - Christmas in September

This week’s PET PEEVE MONDAY is about the Christmas holiday Season, specifically how early it now starts.

It was late September on one of my rare excursions into the local Kmart. They were actually setting up the saleable, fake Christmas trees next to the Halloween candy displays.

AGAIN, THIS WAS IN SEPTEMBER.

My PET PEEVE is that we start XMAS TOO EARLY.

I heard Christmas songs on the radio last week. It was November 11th. There are plenty of Veteran’s Day songs that could have been played instead of “Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer.”

There are also plenty of XMAS lights up in the neighborhood. Why? Why not go GREEN and leave them off completely. That is my plan, a Christmas Black-Out in honor of Al (Gore) Snore.

I’m going to give “Carbon Credits” to everyone on my list.

There should be a law that no Christmas cheer, sales, displays or music, can start until the day after Thanksgiving, that is why we call it "BLACK FRIDAY."

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 30, 2007 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day

 

Post a Comment

<< Home