Wednesday, October 31, 2007

October 29 - Pet Peeve Monday- Children Fund Raisers

This week’s PET PEEVE MONDAY is CHILDREN’S FUND RAISERS.

Why is it that every activity that my child engages in requires a Fund Raiser? I pay a participation fee. Why not increase this fee?

This past month, I had to prostitute my kids as follows:

Popcorn for Cub Scouts
Cookies for Girl Scouts
Cookie dough for Pre-School

Throw in a PTA walk a-thon and school pictures and I’m tapped out.

I have fundraiser apathy and lethargy. If school fundraisers were a religion, I would be an Atheist. Why is it non-stop? How often can you ask friends, neighbors, relatives, or strangers for money?

Someone is making a lot of money off of the backs of our children, and it is not the school organizations. It’s the popcorn and cookie manufacturers and the photographers.

The picture taker’s technology and material costs have gone down, yet they bundle the pictures so that the cheapest package is $24.95. Their mark-ups are obscene and their products are poor.

Shame on the schools for using our kids as money mules and cash cows.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 07, 2007 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the bad news is they don't end in college...
_ _
<@ @>
O
=

 
At November 08, 2007 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At some point they will have pre-natal fund raising.

 
At November 14, 2007 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jay, I would have bought the cookie dough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home