Friday, September 28, 2007

September 26 - Where Are They Now? Wednesday - If the Moccasin fits ...

My WHERE ARE THEY NOW? WEDNESDAY (WATN) has to do with Nike’s announcement about releasing a shoe designed specifically for Native Americans. I saw the press release on CNNMoney.com.

WHERE IS THE MORAL/ETHNIC OUTRAGE?

If Nike would have released an African American shoe, I’m sure the Reverends’ Sharpton and Jackson would have been first in line to protest. Worse yet, if Nike had released a “European-American” or “Whites-Only” shoe, the outrage would be 7/24 on all the cable networks.

As a one-eighth American Cherokee, I’m a little offended. Probably about 7 % offended, but not 12.5 %. Besides, my Indian ancestors already have a shoe. IT’S CALLED A MOCCASIN.

At left, is my son with one of our yard decoration that reminds us of our ancestors’ struggles with being kept down by the White Man and exploited for strictly marketing purposes. We got a great deal on it at a yard sale.

I’m 100% outraged that my people do not have a Reverend Sharpton or Reverend Jackson to defend us. Where are you Jim Plunkett? What happened to Ben “Nighthorse” Campbell?

WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

Below is my daughter playing in the Tee Pee I have erected in my yard as a protest.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 29, 2007 6:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

first post always covered by messed up format...

 
At September 29, 2007 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry I sold out our people J. Jay. But do you know how much firewater I can buy with the endorsement money??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home