Thursday, October 18, 2012

Oct. 18, 2012 - Newsweek Failure

Newsweek announced today that they would cease to offer a print edition at the end of the year. Newsweek had been in circulation for 79 years.

I had been a reader for almost 40 years. When we couldn't afford a subscription, I would read a tattered copy at the public or school library.

Newsweek's demise comes as no surprise. Their product offering was lacking the last few years. It had a serious liberal bias. It usually would hide that fact in the context of its articles, but it finally bled onto the cover.

I cancelled my subscription when Newsweek published the below edition this past summer.


It's ironic that Romney's rise in the polls is juxtaposed against Newsweek's fall. Maybe President Obama can provide tax payer funds to shore up the magazine like PBS or Solyndra. It could give Newsweek new life, at least until January 20, 2013.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home