Tuesday, May 08, 2012

May 8, 2012 - So Long Old Friend

My neighborhood "Cheers" that has been my home for a couple of lunches and a few "happy hours" each week is closing today. I found the place the first day I moved to Cincinnati from California 17 years ago.

I am now forced to find a new establishment worthy of my business. If I was to write a Personal Ad for a new place it would read:

"Mild mannered, early middle aged man seeks the stool at the end of the bar for one hour, two days a week. No conversation is needed. No need to listen to my problems. Having a one stool buffer zone between myself and other patrons is very appreciated. I may look like a people person, but I'm not.

I enjoy a good cheeseburger on toasted buns, no lettuce or pickles, EVER. WiFi is nice, but not a must. I'm a great tipper.

References provided upon request. Serious inquiries only."


Here is the picture of "my" stool that I was awarded today for my patronage. I can bring it to my new place if necessary.





So long, Blarney Stone. You and your wonderful staff will be missed.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 Comments:

At June 05, 2012 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were a great Frasier/Norm/ Cliff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home