Monday, June 27, 2011

June 27, 2011 - PPM - Friends WITHOUT Benefits

This week's PET PEEVE MONDAY (PPM) is the obvious abuse of the "Social Media Covenant."

What I mean by this, is that some people just want to be your "friend" in order to sell you something.

I thought Facebook was a great way to stay in touch with old classmates and friends. Throughout my professional career, I had the great opportunity to live in other states, to travel to other countries, and to work with many companies.

However in my attempt to stay in touch, it seems some of these folks want me to lose weight, buy jewelry, purchase baskets, or find Christ (and give money to him, because apparently The Lord has financial issues.)

I am in the process of "de-friending" these folks. I hate the term, "de-friend", but I also don't like what feels like being "slimed" to quote Ghostbusters.

I'm not sure if the proper number of friends is 200 or 500, but I'm sure it's not 5000.

At the end of the day, I really only need 6 friends, or pall bearers. OK - Maybe 8 pall bearers, unless some my best buddies get in shape.

Hey wait, maybe I could sell them some of that weight loss stuff.

Once a salesman, always a salesman - JUST NOT TO MY TRUE FRIENDS.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 Comments:

At June 28, 2011 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. I got a buddy who always tries to hit me up for walking up stairs (Crew Tower), talk about irritating!

Steve

 
At June 29, 2011 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve,

You rock.

Too funny!

 
At June 29, 2011 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

J.J. you're so funny man. Remember how we're gay lovers? Anyways peace out mah man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home