Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June 20, 2011 - PPM - Anonymous Letters

This week's PET PEEVE MONDAY (PPM) is about ANONYMOUS LETTERS.

I volunteer my time for various community and youth sports organizations. Nothing PEEVES me more than to receive an unsolicited, UNSIGNED, letter like this one.

"Your Organization needs to prohibit the solicitation of coaches' end-of-season gifts. Gifts are not part of the game. Coaches do what they do because they love baseball and they love seeing the kids grow. They don't need an appreciation gift at the end of the season. Each season I get nailed for $20 ("or whatever you feel is right") by some mom who has decided that the kids' baseball season is just another Tupperware party, which requires a meaningless hostess gift. Since I will likely see these people at future games, declining to give isn't a socially acceptable option. So I fork over the dough. I, for one, don't appreciate this "feminization" of baseball. Nor do I appreciate the obligatory "snacks" -- as if kids didn't get enough sugary, empty-calorie, branded garbage at home".

REALLY. If you feel that strongly about these minuscule issues, then SIGN YOUR NAME. You are nothing more than a coward.

How about getting out of your chair to volunteer, or at least to acknowledge the efforts of the volunteers, that have to double their efforts because you won't do your part.

When I began blogging and writing editorials for the local paper, I had to sign MY name to MY opinions. I accept ALL comments, good or bad. I only delete a comment if it has profanity.

My PEEVE is that today's social media has turned everyone into a critic without restraint or consequence.

If you don't want to STAND BEHIND YOUR COMMENT, don't share it.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Labels:

2 Comments:

At June 22, 2011 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya Jay! You are my favorite blogger. And send me an email and I will send you some cash for your efforts.

Signed,
Anonymous

 
At June 26, 2011 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that was my letter. Please quite being a whiner. You need to learn when to blog and when to keep it to yourself. I will be writing an anonymous letter to the president of ATLL. Good day.

- Anonyymous

 

Post a Comment

<< Home