Monday, August 17, 2009

August 17, 2009 - PPM - Do Not Remind List

This week’s PET PEEVE MONDAY (PPM) is Reminder Calls.

These are the calls I continually receive from the doctor, the dentist, and yes, the hairdresser that I have a scheduled appointment the next day.

Somehow, I’m able to get up each day, pay the mortgage, feed myself, and raise a family without some stranger calling me to let me know that I have made a prior commitment.

Yet, the receptionist where I get a $15 haircut must call me to let me know that I must be in the chair at zero hour or the earth may stop spinning.

As a retired person, I take great pleasure in my daily afternoon nap. It never fails that someone calls to remind me of a pending engagement right in the middle of my siesta.

Trust me. I have my proctology exam red circled on the calendar three months in advance. There is NO reason to call to REMIND ME!!!

I only wish there was a DO NOT REMIND list similar to the DO NOT CALL registry.

Put me on it. I’m confident I’ll be at my appointment

If I miss the scheduled appointment, I’m sure my proctologist will tell me where to put my PET PEEVE.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 21, 2009 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people pay to get a wake up call each day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home