Tuesday, March 17, 2009

PPM- March 17, 2009 - St. Patrick's Day

This week’s PET PEEVE MONDAY (PPM) was delayed a day to Tuesday in order to include the “celebration” of St. Patrick’s Day.

My PET PEEVE is that on March 17th EVERYONE pretends they are Irish. They drink and they drink and they drink. Where are the Political Correct Police to profess their anger about this obvious offensive, derogatory, slander to the Irish?

Am I (and a lot of feminists) the only one offended by this T-shirt? ;-)

Don’t say O’Jay to me.

I used to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day till I found out it was against the school dress code to color your kids' hair green.

You wouldn’t have to look hard for the Reverend Al Sharpton if we starting performing or celebrating African American stereotypes on Martin Luther King Day. Remember the outrage when Arizona DIDN'T celebrate MLK Day?

Why is one ethnic stereotype funny yet other cultural references will get you convicted of a hate crime?

When I lived in Southern California, everyone celebrated Cinco de Mayo regardless of their heritage. I always begged off, because I was not of Mexican decent. With the influx of illegal aliens and the accelerated growth of the Hispanic community as a whole, the once white majority is now the minority.

I consider myself more French than anything else. Why? Because I had three years of High School French. Every July 14th. I celebrate Bastille Day. I don’t shower. I eat a lot cheese, drink expensive wine, and generally am dismissive of everyone.

Others may argue that I do these activities more often than once a year.

But back to my PEEVE. Why is OK to denigrate one heritage if another ethnicity is off limits?

Je suis confus.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At March 25, 2009 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love The French

 

Post a Comment

<< Home