Monday, February 02, 2009

February 2, 2009 - PPM - Super(-ficial) Bowl

This week’s PET PEEVE MONDAY (PPM) is the continued politicization of everything. It has now moved into the most sacred of all sporting events, THE SUPER BOWL.

I was trying to take my mind off of the Obama train wreck and watch the Super Bowl yesterday.

I was trying to forget that Obama made a major media splash (redundant for him) about not having lobbyist in his administration. He then granted two-dozen appointees a waiver, because they were the “best of the best.”

I was trying to forget that two of Obama’s cabinet level appointments had severe tax issues. Issues that would send normal Americans to jail. Instead, these law-breakers get keys to the Oval Office bathroom.

I was trying to forget that Obama’s first major piece of legislation is going to be an $800 Billion “stimulus” package. A package that has more fat than the waste bin at the #1 liposuction clinic in West Virginia.

However, I could not forget any of this because there was Obama on the NBC Super Bowl pre-game show doing an in-depth interview with Matt Lauer.

Even more painful was Pittsburgh Steelers owner, Dan Rooney, thanking President Obama as he accepted the Championship trophy.

THANKING HIM FOR WHAT? Pass Protection? He’s been in office 12 days.

I received my mortgage statement on Friday. Apparently, we do still have to pay our mortgages, even though a large percentage of Obama voters thought that those days were over.

Here is my PEEVE. Can’t we just enjoy a football game WITHOUT the interjection of politics?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At February 02, 2009 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or...Can’t we just enjoy a politics game WITHOUT the interjection of sports?

 
At February 04, 2009 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note that three dems have tax issues now.... I'm willing to bet it is actually 10 times worse.

Tax evasion, as a Government employee, should be handled like theft/embezzlement in the private sector. These people should b fired, fined, and jailed immediately!!!

 
At February 08, 2009 6:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I discovered your blog this evening and after reading through the first 3-4 posts, believe I will be checking your blog on a regular basis. Enjoy your vacation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home