Sunday, July 15, 2007

July 14 - Loser of the Week - Sprint, no Verizon

This week’s LOSER OF THE WEEK is cell phone provider, SPRINT.

It was reported this past week that hundreds of cell phone customers were given the boot, accused of being too high maintenance by Sprint.

Sprint-Nextel disconnected more than 1,200 subscribers on grounds the clients call customer service too often and make "unreasonable requests."

A Sprint representative said the average customer calls customer service less than once a month, but the 1,200 clients getting the boot call 40-50 times as often.

Yo Sprint, if someone calls more than ONCE A YEAR, you are not doing your job.

Sprint said whatever the complaint, it has worked to resolve it but due to the volume of calls it's obvious customers involved are not happy.

In a statement, the company said: "Rather than continue to operate in a situation that was unsatisfactory for Sprint and our subscribers, we chose to terminate our relationship with those customers to allow them to pursue other options."

The customers told to find a new service provider were notified by mail last month and will not have to pay a termination fee. I’m surprised Sprint didn’t text message them and then charge them for the service.

I had previously documented someone’s unhappiness with Verizon in a FRIDAY FUNNY.

As a terminally unhappy customer of VERIZON, I wish that Verizon had cancelled me. Fortunately, I have completed the necessary two-year imprisonment term detailed by my contract with Verizon. I am now on a month-to month basis.

I actually have a slightly damaged phone and was looking for a repair when I visited my local Verizon store this past week. I was informed that my phone was out of stock and that I could get an “upgrade” with a new 2-year commitment. I had to explain to the Verizon rep three times that I DO NOT WANT A NEW CONTRACT.

The third time my voice may have been raised a bit, because when I said, "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?” it drew laughs and applause from the other disgruntled customers in line.

I will do a MacGyver on my phone for the time being to make it work.
I get satisfaction that I didn’t drink the tainted Kool-Aid the cell phone companies want you to drink.

SPRINT AND VERIZON, you are my LOSERS OF THE WEEK.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 16, 2007 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They all stink.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home