Friday, May 18, 2007

May 18 - Loser Of The Week - George Lopez

This week’s LOSER OF THE WEEK was going to be Brooke Shields.

Shields came out this week and urged Congress to pass legislation to help new mothers with Postpartum Depression. Now, I won’t minimize postpartum depression like Tom Cruise. I just don’t know how Congress could help. Congress can’t seem to find time to fix healthcare, national security, immigration, and other more important issues. Why would you want them to attack postpartum depression? They would only screw that up as well.

I decided to let Brooke off the hook.

This week’s LOSER OF THE WEEK is GEORGE LOPEZ.

This week ABC cancelled his TV Show creatively titled “The George Lopez Show.”

George Lopez, the first Hispanic to lead a television series responded by saying, "I get kicked out for a f&%king caveman and shows that I out-performed because I’m not owned by ABC? So a f&%king Chicano can't be on TV but a f&%king caveman can? And a Chicano with an audience already? You know when you get in this that shows do not last forever, but this was an important show and to go unceremoniously like this hurts. One hundred seventy people lost their jobs. TV just became really, really white again."

Nice language, George. Your children must be so proud. So a Hispanic lost their job to a white person. That has to be a first.

This week the Census Bureau announced that minorities now make up 33% of the US population. The majority of the minority are Hispanics.

Well George, apparently even your brethren wouldn’t watch your show. People, stop playing the RACE CARD every time something doesn’t go your way. Your show was cancelled because of POOR RATINGS.

GEORGE LOPEZ, you are my LOSER OF THE WEEK.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 18, 2007 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched the show once (I think I was sitting in an airport and could not change the channel) and I agree it sucked. Now, can I say it sucked more or less than some of the other "sickoms" not really. I wonder how many of the 170 people that lost their jobs were white???

 
At May 18, 2007 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you get that L to stick to his slick forehead?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home