Friday, July 07, 2006

July 7 - Friday Funny - Hog Heaven

This past Fourth of July, something happened in my house that has not occurred happened in 10 years. No, not that we have three kids. My wife cooked BACON. In honor of that, I thought I would share my favorite PIG joke.

A traveler was driving through Kentucky when he lost his way and got off the main highway. As he drove by, he saw rows and rows of pigsties and pigpens and pigs running in fields and pigs wallowing in mud. Suddenly, his eye caught something really strange. He did a double take, muttered to himself and then looked a third time. He wondered if he had seen correctly - it looked like a pig with a wooden leg!

He found the lane to the farm and drove up into the farmyard, where he was met by the farmer. "Excuse me," the traveler said. "I was just driving by and looking at all your pigs, and I noticed something that I just had to stop and ask about. Tell me, did I see right? Is there really a pig out there with a wooden leg?"

The farmer smiled. "Oh, that would be old Caesar you saw. He's the finest pig a man could ever hope to have - and smart! One night a couple of years ago I got to drinking and I guess I had more than I should have. I passed out drunk, fell down and knocked over a lamp. That started a fire in the house and old Caesar smelled the smoke. He came in the back door, got the wife and kid out, roused me up and got me out. There is no question about it - that night old Caesar saved all our lives and you know that is not the sort of thing a man is going to forget too easily."

"Why," the traveler said, "this is all amazing! I have never heard of a pig like this before! This is fantastic! But tell me, how did he get that wooden leg? Did he get injured in the fire?"

The farmer laughed and said, "Well, naturally, when you have a pig that smart, you don't want to eat him all at one time!"

"HAM AND EGGS - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig."

Below is a picture of my favorite pig (with my daughter). It sits in the backyard until Festivus Season. At that time it heads to the front yard so others can share the joy of the season and my pig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home