Wednesday, April 19, 2006

April 19 - Pet Peeve Wednesday?

I know, I know, Pet Peeves are for Mondays. But this one happened today and it could not wait.

On a semi regular basis I send a letter to the editor of the local or national paper/magazine. The periodicals always have the statement, “Letters may be edited for space and clarity.” I usually take for granted that they wouldn’t dare change my letter because they were stunned by its content, clarity, and completeness. There was nothing they could change to IMPROVE the letter.

Last October, USA Today published an edited version of one of my submissions and actually changed the submitted intent. Today, the Cincinnati Enquirer did the same thing.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060419/EDIT0202/604190311/1090/EDIT

I think I will send another letter about the “Opinion Letter Editorial Morons”, but I’m fearful about what they will change and publish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home