Monday, July 17, 2017

July 17, 2017 - PPM - The Password Is?

This week's PET PEEVE MONDAY (PPM) is about PASSWORDS.

I believe the pendulum has swung too far.  In fact, I think the pendulum is broken.

I understand the need to have passwords for your financial data or for sensitive personal information, but do we really need a password to make dinner reservations, to see my kid's homework, or to order a pizza?













Can we not be trusted to make reservations under our own name?  Are there really several Abe Fromans out there?  (Ferris Bueller reference)

It reminds me of the bathroom protections that were once, only in airports.  You know the ones.  The bathrooms where they eliminated the faucet handles in lieu of a motion activated sensor.  The sensors THAT DON'T WORK.  YOu constantly wave your hand under them yet no water comes out.  All this, because one guy left the water running, we must all now suffer.

I keep my passwords in a special file on my computer, which also has two levels of passwords to access any file.  The password file now has grown to a list of over 150 accounts.  I'm thinking about publishing my passwords for my electric and water bills in the hope someone else will pay them.

At some point, someone will simply the process.The only problem , is you will need a login and password to access the solution.

(The Password Is? - is a shout-out to a TV show I used to watch in the late 60s and 70s called "Password", hosted by Allen Ludden.  Great show. Great memories of watching the show with my Grandma.)

Just Saying.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home