Monday, March 23, 2015

Mar. 23, 2015 - PPM - "Un-Friends Has Benefits"

This week's PET PEEVE MONDAY is how real life does not mirror social media.  It would be awesome if you could "Unfriend" people in your real life as easily as you can do on FACEBOOK.

Case in point.  I have set certain standards on FACEBOOK.

I will "UNFRIEND" you if:

- Post ANY pictures of your cats
- Post pictures of your dog dressed in festive ware (Christmas, St. Patrick's Day, Used Lingerie)
- Post pictures of your meal
- Post pictures of your dessert
- Post pictures of your main course AND dessert (especially pizza shaped s'mores)
- "Like" everything I post. Even Taylor Swift has a bad song.
- Always posts uber political, religious comments. Or cats.
- Change your "Relationship Status" or "Gender" more than once a month
- Join Facebook as a "Couple"
- Constantly post that you have the best husband, wife, children, or CAT

I try to limit my FACEBOOK friend count to 200 people.  In reality, you really only need 6 strong friends when you die.  I do a spring purge each year on FACEBOOK.  I always announce in advance that the deletions are coming.  Some appeal for benevolence.  Some ignore at their own peril.  Some never see the "UnFriend" coming.


Conversely, I always enjoy getting "Friend Requests" from people who were never my friend in High School or work.  I recently responded to one:

"Dear, dear Kelly.  I remember how you refused to kiss me during the "spin the bottle" game in 7th grade on April 7, 1975.   You now want to be "Friends" on Facebook and you need a cow on Farmville.  I don't think so." 


I've MOVED ON.  I forgive, but NEVER. NEVER forget.




Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 24, 2015 7:41 AM, Anonymous Kelly said...

Give me another chance!!!

 
At March 25, 2015 5:24 PM, Anonymous Jim said...

Brutal truth. Most people don't have the guts to unfriend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home