Thursday, February 14, 2013

Feb. 14, 2013 - Woody Hayes' Birthday

Happy 100th Birthday, Woody Hayes.

He was fired before I ever set foot on the OSU campus. I had several chance meetings with Coach Hayes when he would hold court on The Oval and lecture about everything from commitment to world history to our military.

If you ever read a book about Coach Woody Hayes, you will be amazed that his former players never talk about Woody, the Coach. It is always about Woody, the MAN.

A few years ago, I commissioned an artist, Katham, to do a portrait of Woody Hayes. Katham uses a drip/drop technique. She steadfastly drips individual acrylic paint onto a canvas. My "Woody" has thousands of drops on the 32 by 32 inch portrait.


The portrait sits high on the wall of our Great Room and in no way contrasts with the 8 foot totem pole over the fireplace motif.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home