Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Jan. 21, 2013 - PPM - 2nd Inauguration Oaf

This week's PET PEEVE MONDAY (PPM) is the second Inauguration of President Obama.

Why do we need a second oath and inauguration event? Did he stop honoring the previous Oath at some point? Some would argue that he never followed the original Oath based upon his indifference to the US Constitution.

Did we somehow transition from the previous Obama to a new Obama? Doubtful.

It seems like an unnecessary Pomp and Circumstance, AND EXPENSE. But then again, money, or in Obama's case, our money has never been a deterrent to his spending.

Here is how Obama should have recited the Oath:

"I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States. And will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God...... THIS TIME."

Clearly Obama flunked his first term since he's being forced to repeat it again.

And speaking of failures, below is Newsweek's online cover. They ceased their print production of their magazine at the end of 2012. I had been a subscriber for 40 years. Over time, their judgment and political posturing had offended many, including me.


I believe this speaks for itself. I will NOW be deleting my FREE Newsweek iPad icon.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 22, 2013 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately - it's funny but true

 
At January 28, 2013 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Canceled my Newsweek years ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home