Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Jan. 14, 2013 - PPM - Sagging Partici-(de)-Pants

This week's PET PEEVE MONDAY (PPM) is "Sagging" Pants.

I had only read about it on the internet and had seen random pictures from far off places like Los Angeles and Chicago, until recently.

Sagging is a manner of wearing trousers (slacks, shorts, pants or jeans) below the waist, revealing much of the underwear.

I finally braved the elements and went to a local Cincinnati mall. It was post-Christmas and I thought it would be vacant. Wrong!!!.

Among the throngs (not thongs) of people, I found several instances of the "Sagging." It was shocking and then funny. Most of the Sagging partici(de-)pants were already fashionably challenged, or maybe that was the point.

When I approached one Sagger, to explore his reasoning for sagging, he had no response. I explained that I had a son about his age. I explained that my son had also been a Sagger, ..... when he was 2 and had a full diaper.

No laugh, no smile, no real response. I wanted to prank him and pull down his the rest of the way and run off. There would have been no way he could have caught me. But I figured he already looked dumb enough just standing there.


Mark Twain is reported to have said, "When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Cincinnati because it's always twenty years behind the times."

Well, apparently Cincinnati isn't lagging it's sagging.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 22, 2013 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what saggin spelled backwards is?

 
At January 28, 2013 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed- it's a problem

 

Post a Comment

<< Home