Thursday, December 23, 2010

Dec. 20, 2010 – PPM – Phones on the Beach – Really?

This week's PET PEEVE MONDAY (PPM) is a left over from last summer.

We decided to take a relaxing trip to the East Coast. Every day was spent on the beach, relaxing, reading book, playing with the kids, or just watching them play in the surf.

However, one PEEVE was when someone would come up, prop themselves in the middle of your sight line of the beach AND your kids, and then take out their cell phone.Sure, I've had problems in the past with cell phone use in stores, restaurants, and in the car.
But COME ON PEOPLE!!!!

I've now trained my kids to identify rudeness and point it out.

You are on the beach, let it go.

The conversation goes on and on. I know this because they always talk extremely loud.

"Yeah I'm here on the beach, it's so peaceful and nice. Yousa should come here."

There is no limit to the level of rudeness that people display. You want to say something but it is just easier to send your kids their way with a frisbee or a ball. I only wish I still had my lawn jarts.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 28, 2010 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kick a litle sand on their phone. Can you hear me now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home