Friday, January 26, 2007

January 26 - Friday Funny - Children's Songs

There is no school today due to a “teacher in-service” day. Whatever that is? I would have hoped that the teachers would have been fully trained prior to the start of the school year.

At any rate, with the kids out of school, I reviewed the plethora of entertainment options available to our youth. It’s unbelievable: I-pods, Gameboys, Xboxes, videos, CDs, 500 channel satellite TVs, etc.

I think one of my future Pet Peeve Mondays will address the outsourcing of our young toddlers’ edutainment to non-US entities: Teletubbies (England), Wiggles (Australia), Pokeman (Japan). Forty years ago, we only had two true Americans: Captain Kangaroo and Mister Rogers. Although, Mr. Rogers would probably be subjected to some rumored pedophile proclivity based on his mannerisms and dress if he was around today.

As a child, we only had books, puzzles and our imagination. We did have some music on 45s. I remember three songs in particular: The Chicken Dance, The Bunny Hop, and of course, the HOKEY POKEY.

Which brings me to this week’s FRIDAY FUNNY.

3 Comments:

At January 26, 2007 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure about the Pokey, but not the Hokey.

 
At January 29, 2007 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the Chicken Dance was the song that summed it up.

 
At January 30, 2007 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just don't call Tinkie Winkie a #ag.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home