Monday, January 09, 2017

Jan. 9, 2017 - PPM - Snowball's Chance in Hell

This week's PET PEEVE MONDAY (PPM) is the work ethic of today's youth, or actually, THEIR LACK OF A WORK ETHIC.

As we head into this year's "snow season", I am reminded of what has happened the last few years.

The snow falls and there is silence. 
No door bell ring.  
No sounds of metal shovel on the driveway.  
No one singing, "Do You Want To Build A Snowman?"

Actually, I'm OK with the last one, because I've let it go. Let it go.

I remember the Ohio blizzard of 1977 when I made a bucket of money shoveling snow.  Today's kids have no desire, skill, or work ethic.

Companies actually now sell snowball making machines, because our kids can't be challenged with making their own snowballs.


 I believe as an old man, I will never have to yell at a child to "GET OFF MY LAWN" because they will never leave the security of their Momma's basement and their gaming systems.

Just Saying.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home