Sunday, December 25, 2016

Dec. 25, 2016 - Someone's LAST Christmas

It was sad to hear of the passing of George Michael today. 

I saw him in concert in October 1987 at the Los Angeles Forum. He put on a great show that night as he embarked on his solo career. I felt bad for his WHAM partner, Andrew Ridgeley, as he was cast aside much like Miami Vice’s Phillip Michael Thomas was by Don Johnson. To counter Mr. Spock, sometimes the needs of the “One” outweigh the needs of the “Duo.”

I had paid tribute to WHAM! on last year’s 80s Cruise by wearing his trademark “Choose Life” T-shirt. Many people cheered my shirt because they thought I was making a “Pro Life “ statement, which I was OK with as well.

I think all radio stations should honor George Michael by never playing “Last Christmas” again since this was his “Last Christmas.” I, for one, would selfishly appreciate that gesture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home