Monday, July 16, 2012

July 16, 2012 - PPM - Campaigner In Chief

This week's PET PEEVE MONDAY (PPM) is about Presidential Campaign fund raising.

Yes, I believe the US Supreme Court erred in the Citizens United vs. Federal Election Committee ruling in 2010. The ruling allows unlimited campaign contributions through Political Action Committees (PACs) in support of any cause under a First Amendment interpretation.

Money WILL buy ALL elections for the foreseeable future.

That leads me to this week's PEEVE. President Obama has turned from the Commander in Chief to the "Campaigner in Chief."

Obama's team came up with the below plan.


He wants people to forgo their wedding or graduation gifts in order to direct contributions to HIS campaign. It reeks of desperation.

Today, Michelle came up with a derivative of the plan. She started a campaign to donate to Barack's birthday next month. Any contribution, will put you in a drawing to attend his actual birthday party.

Personally, I think any donations should be direct deposited to the National Treasury to pay down the $5.2 TRILLION in debt that Obama has added to our debt.

I have my own counter-response to these fund raising tactics.


Rather than buy a gravy boat or place setting at the local Pottery Barn as a wedding gift, I'm donating gift money to the CANDIDATE that would be the best bet to improve the newlywed's lot in life.

Based upon the past 3 year performance of the current President, I'm directing my gift money toward Romney.

This plan will either elect my candidate or get me out of attending many weddings.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 25, 2012 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice way to get out going to too many events.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home