Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Jan. 30, 2012 – PPM - Political Endorsements

This week's PET PEEVE MONDAY (PPM) concerns POLITICAL ENDORSEMENTS.

Ironically, this was a PPM for me almost 4 years ago to the day.

As we progress through the Republican Primaries, most of the state specific politicians are deciding to "Endorse" their candidate.

It is even worse when a "Hollywood type" endorses a politician.

You know what all of these people have in common? They all get ONE VOTE. Why should their opinion count? Why should we care?

I'm actually more likely NOT to vote for someone who has been endorsed by a has-been Politician.

Why should I care if Bob Dole, John McCain, or John Kerry endorses someone. THEY LOST!!!

Knowing that I am somewhat knowledgeable on the issues and the candidates, people have sought my counsel on the choices still available. I tell them to make up their own minds.

In South Carolina, the Governor Nikki Haley endorsed Mitt Romney. He Lost.

In Florida, Herman Cain and Sarah Palin endorsed Newt Gingrich. He Lost.

Everyone is trying to get Donald Trump's or Rush Limbaugh's endorsement. WHY?

I suggest we should enact a law that if you tell us who you are voting for, you no longer get to vote. It is supposed to be a private process. Let's keep it that way.

Convince the individual voter, and you may win.

I'm Jay Lewis and I ENDORSED this message.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 02, 2012 2:53 PM, Anonymous Newt said...

Trump just endorsed Romney. WHO cares?

 
At February 16, 2012 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote against whomever Sarah Palin endorses

 

Post a Comment

<< Home