Monday, September 20, 2010

Sept. 21, 2010 - Art Lovers

Four years ago, I commissioned a local artist, Katham, to do a portrait of legendary Ohio State football coach Woody Hayes. Katham has a unique style called drip-dot, acrylic paint on canvas.


My “Woody” has over 50K individual droplets. It is currently on display at a Katham show at The Carnegie in Covington, KY through October 15.
It was hard to loan out my painting for 5 weeks, especially during football season.

Amazingly, my wife never gave a second thought to being without my “Woody” for that period of time.

2 Comments:

At September 21, 2010 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch out fella...

When your wife doesn't miss your "Woody", it might mean she found a "Bo".

 
At September 21, 2010 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It reminds me of the "Skipper" on Gilligan's Island.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home