Sunday, January 12, 2014

Jan. 12, 2014 - Snow Days

I was cleaning up my DVR tonight and decided to watch the Jimmy Fallon special from January 5th. It was on the night before the "Polar Vortex" hit and all the schools closed the next day.

Two of my children came into the room and saw the school closings scrolling across the bottom of the screen.


They immediately jumped to the conclusion that there was no school tomorrow. Who was I to destroy their joy and excitement?

I guess the word of the day is "Gullible." 

Tomorrow's word at 6 a.m. when I wake them for school will undoubtedly be "Despondency."

I always try to make the most of a "teaching moment" with my kids. 

I DO enjoy this parenting thing.

1 Comments:

At January 23, 2014 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will NEVER be Parent of the year

 

Post a Comment

<< Home