Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sept. 19, 2011 - PPM - Bark in the Park

This week's PET PEEVE MONDAY (PPM) is about a new trend, "Bark in the Park."

It's where Major League Baseball teams allow fans to bring their dogs to the baseball game.

It brings to mind three questions for me:

How did this start?
Why?
And, what can I do to STOP it?

I like dogs, I have one. But I have no desire to take my dog to a baseball game. I believe it started with the Montreal Expos. They had really poor attendance and needed a draw. Viola - le chien ? (That's almost all I remember from my high school French class.)

Why limit it to dogs? Why not snakes at Arizona Diamondback games? Pet fish at Florida Marlin games? Horses, albeit clydesdales, at Cardinal games.

I've never been a fan of large Parrots or mascots, as well.



Seriously. I don't like it when a neighbor dog marks his spot in my yard. Why would I want that to happen when I'm watching baseball?

It might be interesting to have a "Dog Day" at a Philadelphia Eagle football game. It would give new meaning to a "Sudden Death" game. But let's keep baseball, pet free.

Can we all agree that pets are fine, in their place, in their cage, and away from professional sports stadiums?

Stevie Wonder never had a dog with him at games. Why do normal fans need one?

I believe we should heed the lessons from the Planet of the Apes movies. Let's keep our pets on leases, in cages, and away from public venues. Otherwise, we may rue the day of, ......"The Bark in the Park."


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Labels:

3 Comments:

At September 21, 2011 12:42 PM, Blogger kumar said...

It is very good to see . It contains more information what i need .It contains famous words . Hats off to your site and post . . I like this site very much . . So thank you very much.

Regards

Love quotes

 
At October 14, 2011 11:08 AM, Anonymous Fido said...

ARf, ARF, ARF

 
At December 01, 2011 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's fun.
It makes money.
It's only one or two games a year.
All of the Dogs are in one section.

Get the hell over it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home