Thursday, February 07, 2008

February 7, 2008 - Carew Climb 2008

As you fill out your 2007 taxes, you wonder:

Why didn’t I donate more to charity in 2007?
How do I lessen my 2008 Tax Liability?
Does the IRS ever check on these deductions? (turns out, they do)

Last year, many of you donated money to the American Lung Association by sponsoring me in the “Climb the Carew.” The “Climb the Carew”is a 45-floor, stair climb at the Carew Tower in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. This year’s event is on Sunday, February 24, 2008.

To pledge your support, please visit MY SITE at the American Lung Association of Ohio.

If you are really motivated, you can join our climbing team. We already have 2 new members and are looking to recruit more.

My participation in the event will help the American Lung Association in their work to eradicate lung diseases such as asthma, lung cancer, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD, emphysema and chronic bronchitis), cystic fibrosis and many others.

The proceeds from “Climb the Carew” will fund research for better treatments, education to reduce the impact of respiratory illness and support for people with lung disease and their loved ones.

For those who sponsored me in 2007. THANK YOU.

Where are the rest of you on this cause? Are you Pro-Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease?

My goal last year was to raise a total $804. That was $1 for each step I climbed for better lung health. Thanks to your supoort, I ended up 5th in fundraising with $950. As for the climb, I placed 90th out of 429 climbers by completing the ascent in 8:34.

My training is going well after my toe surgery. If you missed my post surgery photos, vist my December 8, 2007 blog.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home