Thursday, January 03, 2008

January 3, 2008 - The Derby Dead Poll - Entry 2

As detailed in yesterday’s post, I am ready to reveal my entries to the United Kingdom’s Derby Dead Pool.

My first entry, 1 Dead in OHIO, was made up of a variety of young out of control debutantes and aging stars. It was based more of fun, general desire, and “yeah, it could happen” thoughts.

This entry is more scientifically or at least it is medically based. I’ve titled it, 2 Sick 2 Not Quit.

It contains folks that would be denied insurance because of pre-existing conditions.”

1. Muhammed Ali, Parkinson’s Disease

2. Jerry Lewis, everything but MD

3. Patricia Dunn, Cancer

4. Liza Minnelli, Deranged Diva Disease

5. Fidel Castro, may be already dead

6. Ryan O'Neal, Cancer

7. Roger Ebert, Cancer

8. Sharon Osbourne, Cancer

9. Farrah Fawcett, Cancer

10. Greg Page
, left Wiggles gig with an undisclosed illness

11. Teri Garr
, Cancer

12. Suzanne Pleshette, Cancer

13. Michael Fox
, Parkinson’s Disease

14. Larry King, multiple heart failure episodes

15. Steven Hawking, some rare and progressive neuromotor disease

16. Ron Santo, Diabetes

17. Charles Heston, Alzheimer’s Disease

18. Ron Springs, remains comatose

19: Areil Sharon, remains comatose

20. Jack Klugman, Cancer

Now before you get up in arms about the morbid nature of this exercise, remember I wish none of these people ill (pun intended) will.

There are no trophies or cash stipends for being correct. It just gives me a reason to Google Greg Page from time to time to see if the life of an ex-Wiggle is the 2008 version of a 1970 ex-Beatle.

You don’t have to wish me good luck or those on my list bad luck. I just think it is time to bring an American Victory to the UK Derby Dead Pool.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 23, 2008 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last British Victory was deathlist.net in 2004, Fallen Sparrow(05 winner) is American and Meet Your Maker Canadian (06/07 winner).

Good luck though, you have astrong team

 
At January 23, 2008 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment. I don't want a STRONG team. I need a WEAK team.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home